2009-09-26

PSA_111

ode to that fly that lived with me for many days (Johnny)
Remember that day when I was eating the microwave scrambled eggs
and you landed to watch.
You were puzzled that I didn't swat, but talked to you in a friendly voice.
Every time the door opened, you could have gone away.
If you cared to examine the screened window,
you would have found a loophole to escape!
You could have gone to another microverse and betrayed my secrets,
but you didn't.
You stayed to be my friend, because i talked to you,
and gave you your very own egg crumbles.
Every morning you gently woke me with a playful face tickle,
eagerly awaiting a smile and warm greeting.
So many stretching hours of labor were witnessed by
this tiny black angel :
YOU JOHNNY!
You would change location to elicit my glance
at every desperate lonely moment
when I needed reminded
I am not alone.
I am loved!
I arose from a nap on the floor,
off my trash bag filled with dirty clothes,
from under the folded boxes,
and you were gone

2 comments: