2009-12-14

PSA_131

I walked indoors, through doors into the lab, pulling a roll of toilet paper from inside my jacket (from inside my trunk), and I blew my nose. Alice and Eve were perched around this dead steaming carcass. They offered me some meat from their prey. They were ripping pieces of dry cooked meat off of the bird carcass and dipping each piece into warm red barbecue sauce before eating it. I said "The barbecue sauce is the simulacra that replaces the blood of the animal. Our inner animal would rather snatch a live bird from the sky and bite into it's warm bloody writhing flesh. Our modern civilized consciousness would deem such an act barbaric! Behind this civil facade, our inner cave man longs for primal experience. In the guise of culinary sophistication, we cook all the real blood out and replace it afterwords with tasty warm simulated blood: barbecue sauce. We pride ourselves on the variations of nuanced flavor varieties as a distraction from recognizing them as merely a yummy simulacra of vulgar blood ."

No comments:

Post a Comment